Brandex Adventure Sports Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. If you do not agree with our terms and conditions contained in this policy, please do not engage with us. Interaction or activity with us or via our website will be deemed as your agreement and binding acceptance of the terms and conditions in this policy.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy and by you continuing to use our services or website after the changes come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised policy. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with any changes.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products;
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to carry on business and provide services and products to you;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to publish your information as part of testimonials, social posts, or customer stories to promote our services and products, only where you have given consent to do so for this specific purpose;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our website or other services and products;
- our trusted third parties and service providers including (without limitation) print service providers, call centres and mail houses, advisors, advertising agencies, accountants, auditors and lawyers for data processing, analysis, back-up and storage, information broking, research, investigation, website application development and technology services, infrastructure, customer support, business analytics, and other related services;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold, to request a correction to your personal information or request erasure of your personal information held by us (note this may not always be able to be fulfilled if we are required to retain the information for recording keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations).
As a security measure, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates, when you exercise your rights.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. It may take longer than a month if you request is particularly complex or if you have made several requests. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
If you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use our services, products or website. You will be advised if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Browser or 'web' cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are generally used to improve your experience of a website and to track site usage.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to surveys. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services and products, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our services and products. To the extent this information constitutes personal information we treat it in accordance with our obligations under this policy.
Most web browsers allow you to set some controls over cookies through your browser settings, including disabling cookies on your browser. Disabling or refusing cookies may significantly inhibit the performance of our website or some features of our website may become inaccessible to you.